An official academic transcript is a complete and accurate reflection of your student record. It contains all coursework taken while enrolled at Western Carolina University.
- Transcript fulfillment is handled by the Registrar's Office
- Delivery options include paper/mail and electronic/PDF. Pricing varies slightly depending upon order & delivery options selected.
- Electronic/PDF Delivery depends on attendance period. Transcripts CANNOT be faxed.
- Official transcripts will not be released until ALL financial obligations to the University have been satisfied.
How to Request an Official Transcript
There are multiple ways in which to request an official transcript: by mail, by email, in person or online. Due to the Family Educational and Privacy Act of 1974 (which prohibits the release of academic records without the written consent of the student), the Registrar’s Office CANNOT accept requests by telephone or email. Order your transcripts here transcripts.wcu.edu
You should request transcripts at least one week before the transcript is needed.
Processing time for academic transcript requests is 24 to 48 hours, except during peak periods. Every effort is made to process and mail transcripts in a timely manner within the order received.
What Information must an Official Transcript Request Include?
All official transcript requests must include the following information:
- Your complete name at the time of attendance (including maiden name, additional married names, or name changes)
- Your student/constituent identification number (92#) or the last 4 digits of your SSN
- Dates of attendance
- Date of birth
- Your current mailing address and telephone number
- Complete name and mailing address of the institution/person to whom the transcript is to be sent
- Your written signature (required)
Official Transcript Request Form and Instructions
You may download, view, print, complete, sign, mail, or email our official Transcript Request Form (PDF).
Mail your written request to:
Western Carolina University
206 Killian Annex
1 University Dr
Cullowhee, NC 28723
Email your written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make your written request in person by completing and submitting a Transcript Request Form to the OneStop (132 Killian Annex) or the Registrar’s Office (206 Killian Annex).
If you are picking up your transcript, you must present a valid picture ID.