Alexander Jones, center, was one of two alumni scholarship recipients for 2015-2016
Introduced in 2001 under the association’s then-President-elect Laura Leatherwood, the Alumni Association Scholarship Fund provides support for relatives of alumni currently attending WCU.
To date, over $100,000 has been raised and 11 recipients of the scholarship have been named. The Alumni Association took on this special project as an “above and beyond” effort so as not to sacrifice other vital university initiatives that are already being supported.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Criteria for selection include:
- Preference shall be given to relatives of WCU Alumni.
- Preference shall be given to those with demonstrated financial need.
- Preference shall be given to a rising sophomore, junior or senior enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking course of study at WCU.
- Recipient shall be and remain in good academic standing with the University.
- Preference shall be given to a full time resident of the state of North Carolina.
If you have a family member who is eligible, or if you know someone who is eligible for this scholarship, please visit scholarcat.wcu.edu.
Giving to the Scholarship Fund
Give something back to WCU by donating to the Alumni Association Scholarship Fund. If you are interested in contributing to this fund to help fellow alumni, please make a gift.
WCU accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express.